Positive and Negative Impact of Computer in Society
Almost a century ago, a large number of inventions took place during the first industrial revolution. Within a short span of time, many countries became industrialized. Now we are in the beginning of another industrial revolution. The major cause of the second industrial revolution is the invention of computers. Computer is the most versatile machine humans have ever created. It plays an important role in our everyday life. It covers huge area of application including education, industries, government, medicine, and scientific research, law and even music and arts. Without computers, life wound certainly be difficult and different.
Application of computer or Where computer are being used in Modern Days
Uses of Computer in Science and field
Scientists use computers to develop theories, collect, analyze and test the data, and exchange of information electronically with colleagues around the world. Powerful computers can be used to generate detailed studies of how earthquake affect buildings or how pollution affects weather patter. Satellite based science applications have not been possible without the use of computer. Computers are being used for research space. They are also used to make different types of investigation in medical science to find out diseases and medicines for the respective diseases
Uses of Computer in Educations field
Nowadays, mostly all schools, colleges, and universities are giving more emphasis to computer education including it in their curriculum. In these institutions in addition to giving solely computer education, computers have become essential for teaching other subjects as well. Classrooms and libraries are efficiently utilizing computers to make the education much more interesting. Unlike recorded television shows, computer aided education and computer based training packages are making learning much more interactive.
Uses of Computer in Communication
Electronic Mail is a facility supported by computers to send messages from one place to another. Email facilitates sending the messages from one person to different persons by the aid of computer and telephone line. Here each person/user has mail box which is accessed via terminals or workstations within the system by entering an account number and a password.
Uses of Computer Engineering and manufacturing Filed
The architects and engineers are extensively used computer in designing and drawing. Computers can create objects that can be viewed from all the three dimensions. By using the techniques like virtual reality, architects can explore houses that have been designed but not built. Automobile, aircraft, aerospace and ship designers use computer aided designing technique in the design of various types of vehicles. The manufacturing factories are using computerized robot to perform risky jobs. Besides, computer aided manufacturing can be used in designing and planning the product.
Uses of Computer in Banking Field
In the field of banking and finance, computers are extensively used. People can use the ATM services twenty four hours of the day in order to deposit and withdraw cash. When the different branches of bank are connected through the computer networks; then inter branch transactions can be done by the computers without any delay.
Uses of Computer in Business and industries
Many of today's successful small companies simply would not exist with computer technology. Each, year hundreds of thousands of individuals launch the business based at their homes or small office locations. They depend on computers companies. These tools enable business owners to handle tasks such as accounting, inventory management, marketing, payroll, and many others. Businesses are also using the networking of computers, where a number of computers are connected together to share the data and information. Use of Email and internet has changed the ways of being used business. Nowadays, computers are used to design the product, ship and process control in the industries. As a result, small business and industries become most self sufficient, competitive and reduce their operating expenses.
The Social Impact of Computer in Our Society
From the time of the invention of the computers to the present day, computers have met tremendous changes. Time to time incorporation of the latest technical achievement has made the use of computer easier. More and more application have been developed and almost all the areas of the professions have been computerized. Computerization is continuously becoming an important part of many organizations. Computer have proved almost all the fields whether related to numeric processing or non numeric processing or document processing in the developed countries and all the walks of life. Computers have become the part of every organization.
Beneficial or Positive Impact of Computer in our Society
- Any professional individual like doctors, engineers, businessmen etc. undergo a change in their style or working pattern after they get the knowledge of computer.
- An individual becomes more competent to take a decisions due to the computer because all the information required to take the decision is provided by the computer on time. As a result, any individuals or institutions get success very fast.
- The person working at the managerial level becomes less dependent on low level staff like clerks and accountants. Their accessibility to the information increases tremendously. This improves their working patters and efficiency, which benefit the organization and ultimately affects the society positively.
- In common life also, an individual gets benefited with computer technology. When airports, hospitals, banks, departmental stores have been computerized, people get quick service due to the computer system.
- Computers have created new fields of employment. These employments are in the field of designing, manufacturing, teaching, etc.
Harmful or Negative Impact of Computer in Our Society
- Due to any reasons, if the data stored in the computer is lost, the person responsible for handling the computer will have to tolerate a lot.
- People do not use their mind for common arithmetic, which gradually results in loss of their numerical ability.
- Today, any person who does not have the knowledge of computer is considered the second class citizens.
- People have fear that growing children may lose their common sense abilities like numerical ability due to total dependence on computers.
- Due to the computerization workload for the employees reduces many times. As a result, many organization may require to remove some of its employees. It produces the dissatisfaction and lack of security among the employees. Due to this, employees do not corporate the organization. As a result, the output can be disastrous.
- As a result of introduction of new technology in an organization, the organization may need to spend a tremendous amount on the training of its employees.